Difference between revisions of "B&G Foods Inc"
|Line 167:||Line 167:|
=== Polaner ===
=== Polaner ===
* Feb.1999: Polaner fruit spread and spices business bought from [[International Home Foods Inc]]/[[Hicks, Muse, Tate & Furst Inc]]. M Polaner and Son Inc was acquired by Dutch conglomerate [[Artal NV]] in 1986;[http://www.grocery.com/bg-foods-incorporated/ ref] sold to American Home Products in Mar.1993 (''later International Home Foods''). [
* Feb.1999: Polaner fruit spread and spices business bought from [[International Home Foods Inc]]/[[Hicks, Muse, Tate & Furst Inc]]. M Polaner and Son Inc was acquired by Dutch conglomerate [[Artal NV]] in 1986;[http://www.grocery.com/bg-foods-incorporated/ ref] sold to American Home Products in Mar.1993 (''later International Home Foods'').
: Polaner, https://web.archive.org/web//://www..com//.
== References ==
== References ==
Revision as of 16:10, 5 February 2020
B&G Foods is a holding company. The company manufactures, sells and distributes a portfolio of shelf-stable and frozen foods across the USA, Canada and Puerto Rico.
Products include frozen and canned vegetables, hot cereals, fruit spreads, canned meats and beans, bagel chips, spices, seasonings, hot sauces, wine vinegar, maple syrup, molasses, salad dressings, pizza crusts, Mexican-style sauces, dry soups, taco shells and kits, salsas, pickles, peppers, tomato-based products, puffed corn and rice snacks, nut clusters and other specialty products.
- B&G: pickles, peppers, relishes, olives, sauerkraut and other specialty items.
- Back to Nature
- Baker's Joy
- Bear Creek Country Kitchens
- Brer Rabbit
- Buena Vida
- Clabber Girl
- Cream of Rice
- Cream of Wheat
- Crock Pot
- Dec Cake
- Don Pepino
- Grandma's Molasses
- Green Giant
- Joan of Arc
- Las Palmas
- Le Sueur
- Mama Mary's
- Maple Grove Farms, pure maple syrup
- McCann's Irish Oatmeal
- Molly McButter
- Mrs Dash
- New York Flatbreads
- New York Style
- Old London
- Ortega, Mexican chiles and sauces
- Pirate's Booty
- Rickland Orchards
- Spice Islands
- Spring Tree
- Static Guard
- Sugar Twin
- Vermont Maid Syrup
- Victoria Fine Foods
- 12.0% Vanguard Group Inc
- 4.41% Champlain Investment Partners LLC
- 4.37% † Ceredex Value Advisors LLC
- 3.86% Cardinal Capital Management LLC
- 3.74% Edge Asset Management Inc
- 3.20% AssetMark Inc
- 3.10% BlackRock Fund Advisors
- 3.07% SSgA Funds Management Inc
- 3.00% Wellington Management Company LLP
- 2.64% Dimensional Fund Advisors LP
B&G Foods Inc
- ?date?: Maple Grove Farms of Vermont, founded in 1915, is a leading brand of pure maple syrup sold in the USA. Other products under the Maple Grove Farms of Vermont label include a line of gourmet salad dressings, sugar-free syrups, marinades, fruit syrups, confections, pancake mixes and organic products. FixMe: Bought from ??[a]
- Jul.2018: McCann's Irish Oatmeal: completed the acquisition of the brand of premium Irish oatmeal from TreeHouse Foods Inc.[a],ref
- Oct.2018: Pirate Brands was sold to the Hershey Company, including the Pirate’s Booty, Smart Puffs, and Original Tings brands.[a]
- Oct.2017: Back to Nature Foods Company LLC, including related entities Back to Nature and SnackWell’s, was bought from from Brynwood Partners Management LLC, Mondelēz International Inc and certain other sellers.[a],ref,ref
- Dec.2016: Victoria Fine Foods LLC, and a related entity, was bought from private equity firm Huron Capital Partners and certain other sellers.[a],ref Website
- Nov.2016: ACH Food Companies Inc's North American herbs and spices business was acquired. Brands acquired included Spice Islands, Tone’s, Durkee, and the license for Weber sauces and seasonings ref,ref,ref, ref Tones.com, Durkee.com
- Nov.2015: Green Giant and Le Sueur brands were acquired from General Mills Inc.[a]
- Jul.2015: Spartan Foods of America Inc, and related entities including the Mama Mary’s brand, was bought from from Linsalata Capital Partners and certain other sellers.[a]
- Apr.2014: Specialty Brands of America Inc and related entities, including the Bear Creek Country Kitchens, Spring Tree, Cary’s, MacDonald’s, New York Flatbreads and Canoleo brands, were bought from affiliates of American Capital Ltd.[a]
- Jul.2013: Pirate Brands was acquired B&G Foods, Inc. has agreed to acquire Robert’s American Gourmet Foods, L.L.C. dba Pirate Brands for about $195 million from VMG Partners, Driven Capital Management, Robert Ehrlich and others. The acquisition includes the Pirate’s Booty snack foods brand. Pirate Brands includes Pirate’s Booty, Smart Puffs and Original Things. ref
- May.2013: TrueNorth was acquired from DeMet's Candy Company.ref
- Sept.2012: New York Style and Old London brands were acquired from Chipita America, Inc.ref
- Oct.2011: Alberto-Culver: B&G Foods announced that it had agreed to acquire Alberto-Culver Company's USA food business from Unilever, which had acquired the company in Sept.2010,ref,ref following which it was required to divest certain assets to satisfy anti-trust concerns.ref Brands acquired were:
- Molly McButter is a fat-free butter. Molly McButter Website.arch
- Sugar Twin, developed in 1968, is a calorie-free sugar substitute. Website.arch
- Baker's Joy, developed in 1982, is the original no-stick baking spray with flour. Website.arch
- Mrs Dash was introduced in 1983 as a salt-free seasoning. Mrs. Dash, Mrs Dash.arch
- Static Guard, an anti-static spray, developed in 1978. Website.arch
- Kleen Guard Website.arch
- Jan.2007: Cream of Wheat was bought from Nabisco.ref The brand was introduced in 1893, and is among the leading brands of hot cereals sold in the USA. Cream of Wheat is available in Original, Whole Grain and Maple Brown Sugar stove top, and also in instant packets of Original and other flavors. Cream of Rice, a gluten-free, rice-based hot cereal, is also produced.[a] Cream of Wheat, Website
- Oct.2004: B&G Foods Inc, a wholly-owned subsidiary, was merged with and into B&G Foods Holdings Corporation, and the company was renamed as B&G Foods Inc.[a]
- 2003: The Ortega brand of Mexican chiles and sauces was purchased from Nestlé. The brand was founded in 1897; its products span the shelf-stable Mexican food segment, including taco shells, tortillas, seasonings, dinner kits, taco sauces, peppers, refried beans, salsas and related food products.
- Aug.1997: B&G Foods Holdings Corporation: the company changed its name.[a]
- Nov.1996: B Companies Holdings Corp was incorporated in Delaware. [a]
The Bloch & Guggenheimer brand originated in the streets of New York in 1889, and its pickles, peppers, relishes, olives, sauerkraut and other specialty items set the standard for New York taste for more than 125 years. Website
Back to Nature Foods
- Aug.2017: Back to Nature Foods Company LLC was sold to B&G Foods Inc.
- 2013: Mondelēz contributed the SnackWell's brand to the joint venture.ref
- 2012: Back to Nature Foods Company LLC was formed as a joint venture by private equity firm Brynwood Partners Management LLC and Mondelēz International Inc, with Brynwood acquiring operating control, while Mondelēz retained a minority position.
- 1992: SnackWell's was launched by Nabisco Inc as a line of reduced-fat and fat-free cookies and crackers. Website.arch, Website
- 1960: Back to Nature Foods Inc was founded as a better-for-you granola in Pasadena. Today it is a better-for-you snacking brand. Website.arch, Website
- 1888: The brothers changed the game by inventing individual, pre-ground spice packaging.
- 1873: Jehiel Tone and his brother Isaac set out to begin their own spice and coffee business.ref
The Spice Islands brand includes 100+ different natural products including dried herbs, seasonings, spices, flavorings, sauce blends, and extracts. The company's products are distributed internationally in North America, South America, Australia/Europe and Asia/Pacific.
- Nov.2016: ACH Food Companies Inc sold its North American herbs and spices business to B&G Foods Inc, including Spice Islands.
- ACH Food Companies Inc ownership?
- Burns Philp Food Inc ownership? See About.arch (2000); Tone Brothers Inc About.arch (2003); ACH Food Companies Inc About.arch (2005); in Dec.2006 Burns Philp sold its yeast and spices business to Associated British Foods...
- ?date?: Tone Brothers ownership - see Company Histories
- 1969: Spice Islands was acquired by Specialty Brands. (??)
- Gradually, as the company expanded over the years, new products and markets were developed to respond to the evolving needs of the American public.
- 1941: Spice Islands company began by producing and packaging herbs, spices and wine vinegars under Fred Johnson, Spice Islands' founder.
- Nov.2015: General Mills sold the North American Green Giant product lines to B&G Foods Inc. GM continued using the Green Giant brand in certain markets outside of North America.ref
- 2001: General Mills Inc acquired the Pillsbury Company, and thereby Green Giant.
- 1979: Pillsbury Company acquired Green Giant.
- 1950: Green Giant Company: the company was renamed.
- 1925: Green Giant Pea: the Minnesota Valley Canning Company developed the seeds for a tender and larger pea.
- 1903: Minnesota Valley Canning Company was founded in Le Sueur, Minnesota.
- Feb.1999: Polaner fruit spread and spices business was bought from International Home Foods Inc/Hicks, Muse, Tate & Furst Inc. M Polaner and Son Inc was acquired by Dutch conglomerate Artal NV in 1986;ref sold to American Home Products in Mar.1993 (later International Home Foods).
- Mar.1993: American Home Products Corporation bought M Polaner Inc from Dutch conglomerate Artal NV and Leonard Polaner.
- 1986: Artal NV bought 85% of Polaner, with the family holding onto the remainder of its equity.ref
- 1896: Polaner was founded.
- B&G Foods to acquire Spices Business from ACH Food Companies, The ACH spices and seasonings business includes the Spice Islands, Tone’s and Durkee brands. The business also includes Weber brand sauces and seasonings, which are sold under license. ref, ref, ref, ref Business Wire, Sept.21.2016.