B&G Foods Inc
B&G Foods is a holding company. The company manufactures, sells and distributes a portfolio of shelf-stable and frozen foods across the USA, Canada and Puerto Rico.
Products include frozen and canned vegetables, hot cereals, fruit spreads, canned meats and beans, bagel chips, spices, seasonings, hot sauces, wine vinegar, maple syrup, molasses, salad dressings, pizza crusts, Mexican-style sauces, dry soups, taco shells and kits, salsas, pickles, peppers, tomato-based products, puffed corn and rice snacks, nut clusters and other specialty products.
- B&G: pickles, peppers, relishes, olives, sauerkraut and other specialty items.
- Back to Nature
- Baker's Joy
- Bear Creek Country Kitchens
- Brer Rabbit
- Buena Vida
- Clabber Girl
- Cream of Rice
- Cream of Wheat
- Crock Pot
- Dec Cake
- Don Pepino
- Grandma's Molasses
- Green Giant
- Joan of Arc
- Las Palmas
- Le Sueur
- Mama Mary's
- Maple Grove Farms, pure maple syrup
- McCann's Irish Oatmeal
- Molly McButter
- Mrs Dash
- New York Flatbreads
- New York Style
- Old London
- Ortega, Mexican chiles and sauces
- Pirate's Booty
- Rickland Orchards
- Spice Islands
- Spring Tree
- Static Guard
- Sugar Twin
- Vermont Maid Syrup
- Victoria Fine Foods
- 12.0% Vanguard Group Inc
- 4.41% Champlain Investment Partners LLC
- 4.37% † Ceredex Value Advisors LLC
- 3.86% Cardinal Capital Management LLC
- 3.74% Edge Asset Management Inc
- 3.20% AssetMark Inc
- 3.10% BlackRock Fund Advisors
- 3.07% SSgA Funds Management Inc
- 3.00% Wellington Management Company LLP
- 2.64% Dimensional Fund Advisors LP
B&G Foods Inc
- ?date?: Maple Grove Farms of Vermont, founded in 1915, is a leading brand of pure maple syrup sold in the USA. Other products under the Maple Grove Farms of Vermont label include a line of gourmet salad dressings, sugar-free syrups, marinades, fruit syrups, confections, pancake mixes and organic products. FixMe: Bought from ??[a]
- Jul.2018: McCann's Irish oatmeal: completed the acquisition of the brand of premium Irish oatmeal from TreeHouse Foods Inc.[a]
- Oct.2018: Pirate Brands was sold to the Hershey Company, including the Pirate’s Booty, Smart Puffs, and Original Tings brands.[a]
- Oct.2017: Back to Nature Foods Company LLC, including related entities Back to Nature and SnackWell’s, was bought from from Brynwood Partners Management LLC, Mondelēz International Inc and certain other sellers.[a],ref
- Dec.2016: Victoria Fine Foods LLC, and a related entity, was bought from Huron Capital Partners and certain other sellers.
- Nov.2016: Bought ACH Food Companies Inc's North American herbs and spices business. Brands acquired included Spice Islands, Tone’s, Durkee, and the license for Weber sauces and seasonings ref,weberbbq.ref,ref, ref
- Nov.2015: Green Giant and Le Sueur brands were acquired from General Mills Inc.[a]
- Jul.2015: Spartan Foods of America Inc, and related entities including the Mama Mary’s brand, was bought from from Linsalata Capital Partners and certain other sellers.[a]
- Apr.2014: Specialty Brands of America Inc and related entities, including the Bear Creek Country Kitchens, Spring Tree, Cary’s, MacDonald’s, New York Flatbreads and Canoleo brands, were bought from affiliates of American Capital Ltd.[a]
- Oct.2011: Alberto-Culver: B&G Foods announced that it had agreed to acquire Alberto-Culver Company's USA food business from Unilever, which had acquired the company in Sept.2010,ref,ref following which it was required to divest certain assets to satisfy anti-trust concerns.ref Brands acquired were:
- Molly McButter is a fat-free butter. Molly McButter Website.arch
- Sugar Twin, developed in 1968, is a calorie-free sugar substitute. Website.arch
- Baker's Joy, developed in 1982, is the original no-stick baking spray with flour. Website.arch
- Mrs Dash was introduced in 1983 as a salt-free seasoning. Mrs. Dash, Mrs Dash.arch
- Static Guard, an anti-static spray, developed in 1978. Website.arch
- Kleen Guard Website.arch
- Jan.2007: Cream of Wheat was bought from Nabisco.ref The brand was introduced in 1893, and is among the leading brands of hot cereals sold in the USA. Cream of Wheat is available in Original, Whole Grain and Maple Brown Sugar stove top, and also in instant packets of Original and other flavors. Cream of Rice, a gluten-free, rice-based hot cereal, is also produced.[a] Cream of Wheat, Website
- Oct.2004: B&G Foods Inc, a wholly-owned subsidiary, was merged with and into B&G Foods Holdings Corporation, and the company was renamed as B&G Foods Inc.[a]
- 2003: The Ortega brand of Mexican chiles and sauces was purchased from Nestlé. The brand was founded in 1897; its products span the shelf-stable Mexican food segment, including taco shells, tortillas, seasonings, dinner kits, taco sauces, peppers, refried beans, salsas and related food products.
- Aug.1997: B&G Foods Holdings Corporation: the company changed its name.[a]
- Nov.1996: B Companies Holdings Corp was incorporated in Delaware. [a]
Bloch & Guggenheimer brand originated in the streets of New York in 1889, and its pickles, peppers, relishes, olives, sauerkraut and other specialty items have set the standard for New York taste for more than 125 years. Website
Back to Nature Foods Company LLC
- 1992: SnackWell's was launched by Nabisco Inc as a line of reduced-fat and fat-free cookies and crackers. Website.arch, Website
- 1960: Back to Nature Foods Inc was founded as a better-for-you granola in Pasadena. Today it is a better-for-you snacking brand. Website.arch, Website
- Nov.2015: General Mills sold Green Giant to B&G Foods.ref
- 2001: General Mills Inc acquired the Pillsbury Company, and thus Green Giant.
- 1979: Pillsbury Company acquired Green Giant.
- 1950: Green Giant Company: the company was renamed.
- 1925: Green Giant Pea: the Minnesota Valley Canning Company developed the seeds for a tender and larger pea.
- 1903: Minnesota Valley Canning Company was founded in Le Sueur, Minnesota.