Jump to navigation Jump to search
Revision as of 01:53, 7 April 2019 by GrayanOne (Created page with "https://ballotpedia.org/Ballotpedia:General_disclaimer ; Acceptance of Terms : By visiting the WikiPolitiks website or mobile application, viewing, accessing or otherwise usi...")
- Acceptance of Terms
- By visiting the WikiPolitiks website or mobile application, viewing, accessing or otherwise using any of the services or information created, collected, compiled or submitted to WikiPolitiks, you agree to be bound by the following Terms and Conditions of Service. If you do not want to be bound by our Terms, your only option is not to visit, view or otherwise use our services. You understand, agree and acknowledge that these Terms constitute a legally binding agreement between you and WikiPolitiks, and that your use of WikiPolitiks shall indicate your conclusive acceptance of this agreement.
- Provision of Services
- You agree and acknowledge that WikiPolitiks is entitled to modify, improve or discontinue any of its services at its sole discretion and without notice to you even if it may result in you being prevented from accessing any information contained in it.
- Proprietary Rights
- Original content produced by WikiPolitiks is protected by international copyright, patent, and trademark laws. Any of the trademarks, service marks, collective marks, design rights or similar rights that are mentioned, used or cited in the articles of the WikiPolitiks encyclopedia are the property of their respective owners. Their use here does not imply that you may use them for any other purpose other than for the same or a similar informational use as contemplated by the original authors of these WikiPolitiks articles under the GFDL license. Unless otherwise stated, the WikiPolitiks site is neither endorsed by nor affiliated with any of the holders of any such rights and as such WikiPolitiks cannot grant any rights to use any otherwise protected materials. Your use of any such or similar incorporeal property is at your own risk.
- Disclaimer of Warranties
- You understand and agree that your use of Ballotpedia is entirely at your own risk and that our services are provided "As Is" and "As Available". Ballotpedia does not make any express or implied warranties, endorsements or representations whatsoever as to the operation of the Ballotpedia website, information, content, materials, or products. This shall include, but not be limited to, implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement, and warranties that access to or use of the service will be uninterrupted or error-free or that defects in the service will be corrected.
- Permitted Use
- The use of automated systems or software to extract data from this website for commercial purposes, (‘screen scraping’) is prohibited unless the third party has directly concluded a written license agreement with Ballotpedia.
- Limitation of Liability
- You understand and agree that Ballotpedia and any of its subsidiaries or affiliates shall in no event be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, or exemplary damages. This shall include, but not be limited to damages for loss of profits, business interruption, business reputation or goodwill, loss of programs or information or other intangible loss arising out of the use of or the inability to use the service, or information, or any permanent or temporary cessation of such service or access to information, or the deletion or corruption of any content or information, or the failure to store any content or information. The above limitation shall apply whether or not Ballotpedia has been advised of or should have been aware of the possibility of such damages. In jurisdictions where the exclusion or limitation of liability for consequential or incidental damages is not allowed the liability of Ballotpedia is limited to the greatest extent permitted by law.
- External Content
- Ballotpedia may include hyperlinks to third-party content, advertising or websites. You acknowledge and agree that Ballotpedia is not responsible for and does not necessarily endorse any advertising, products or resource available from such resources or websites.
- Publication of information found in WikiPolitiks may be in violation of the laws of the country or jurisdiction from where you are viewing this information. The WikiPolitiks database is stored on a server in the United Kingdom, and is maintained in reference to the protections afforded under UK. Laws in your country or jurisdiction may not protect or allow the same kinds of speech or distribution. WikiPolitiks does not encourage the violation of any laws; and cannot be responsible for any violations of such laws, should you link to this domain or use, reproduce, or republish the information contained herein.Wikipedia:General disclaimer
- Legal statements
- There is absolutely no assurance that any statement contained in an article touching on legal matters is true, correct or precise. Law varies from place to place and it evolves over time — sometimes quickly. Even if a statement made about the law is accurate, it may only be accurate in the jurisdiction of the person posting the information; as well, the law may have changed, been modified or overturned by subsequent development since the entry was made on Ballotpedia.
- The legal information provided on Ballotpedia is, at best, of a general nature and cannot substitute for the advice of a licensed professional, i.e., by a competent authority with specialised knowledge who can apply it to the particular circumstances of your case. Please contact a local bar association, law society or similar association of jurists in your legal jurisdiction to obtain a referral to a competent legal professional if you do not have other means of contacting an attorney-at-law, lawyer, civil law notary, barrister or solicitor. Neither the individual contributors, system operators, developers, or sponsors of Ballotpedia nor anyone else connected to Ballotpedia can take any responsibility for the results or consequences of any attempt to use or adopt any of the information or disinformation presented on this web site.
- Nothing on Ballotpedia or any project of Lucy Burns Institute should be construed as an attempt to offer or render a legal opinion or otherwise engage in the practice of law.
- Reader Emails, Phone Numbers, and Addresses
- Ballotpedia encourages you to sign up to receive its email updates and text message alerts. When you submit your email addresses, phone numbers, and addresses, that data will only be used by Ballotpedia. Ballotpedia will not sell your information. If you no longer want to receive communications from Ballotpedia or would like your information removed from the system, such requests will be honored within one business day.
- Entire Agreement
- You understand and agree that the above Terms constitute the entire general agreement between you and Ballotpedia. You may be subject to additional Terms and conditions when you use, purchase or access other services, affiliate services or third-party content or material.
- Changes to the Terms
- Ballotpedia reserves the right to modify these Terms from time to time at our sole discretion and without any notice. Changes to our Terms become effective on the date they are posted and your continued use of Ballotpedia after any changes to Terms will signify your agreement to be bound by them.
Portions of this disclaimer were adapted from Wikipedia. Portions of this disclaimer were adapted from © 2016 OurDisclaimer.com.