Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Robert Leroy Mercer
- Wikipedia: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Mercer_(businessman)
- SourceWatch: https://www.sourcewatch.org/index.php/Robert_Mercer
- The Rise of the Weaponized AI Propaganda Machine. There’s a new automated propaganda machine driving global politics. How it works and what it will mean for the future of democracy. https://medium.com/join-scout/the-rise-of-the-weaponized-ai-propaganda-machine-86dac61668b
- "Psychological operations" now used to "shape" elections to fit the agenda of whoever is paying Cambridge Analytica. Alert/legislation needed Facts Central >> https://web.archive.org/web/20061229183407/http://www.scl.cc:80/article.php?id=42
- Sophie Schmidt, the daughter of Google chairman Eric Schmidt, used to work for SCL Elections (which was later renamed Cambridge Analytica).
See main article: SCL Group
- http://www.scl.cc >> https://sclgroup.cc/home
- http://powerbase.info/index.php/SCL_Elections (double check this is the same SCL as Mercer's and not some diff. co.)
- The "behavioral change" (military) "proven scientifi method" that Cambridge Analytica (proudly) uses to "change audience behaviour" (cf. their website) was developed by three entities... https://twitter.com/Hayleeee1848/status/874593628068470785
Strategic Communication Laboratories
- SCL’s management board comprises: Chairman Rt Hon Sir Geoffrey Pattie PC, Chief Executive Nigel Oakes, Directors - Alex Oakes and Alexander Nix, and advisory board members Rear Admiral John Tolhurst CB, Peter Varnish OBE, Dr Andrew Stewart, Lord Birdwood and Lord Ivar Mountbatten.
- Funding for SCL has been provided by a number of private high net worth individuals all based in the UK.
- Jan.26.2018: Here’s How Much Money The Mercer Family Donated To Climate Misinformation Groups In 2016. Robert Mercer's family, among President Trump’s most powerful donors, in 2016 gave nearly $4 million to groups that challenge the scientific consensus on man-made climate change, tax filings reveal. Gave to: CO2 Coalition, the Center for the Study of Carbon Dioxide and Global Change, Kert Davies, founder and director of the Climate Investigations Center (CIC). These donations, which have not been previously reported, were on top of about $4m that the Mercer family donated to groups that, although not solely focused on climate, do deny man-made climate change or oppose govt action on curbing carbon emissions, including: the Media Research Center ($2 million), the Heartland Institute ($800,000), the Heritage Foundation ($500,000), the Cato Institute ($300,000), the Manhattan Institute for Policy Research ($200,000), and the Oregon Institute for Science and Medicine ($200,000). Trump's deregulation was cheered by the Heartland Institute. Cato Institute, the CO2 Coalition received $132,000 from the Sarah Scaife Foundation, as well as $50,000 from each of several groups: the Searle Freedom Trust, the Thomas W. Smith Foundation, the Lynde & Harry Bradley Foundation, and the Achelis and Bodman Foundation. BuzzFeed News, Zahra Hirji
- Jan.17.2018: Mr Borwick has also worked with Cambridge Analytica, a data-mining company owned by Robert Mercer, ... bankrolled Trump campaign + "alt-right" operations including Breitbart News. Steve Bannon, President Trump’s former chief strategist, was previously vice-president of Cambridge Analytica.
- Jan.08.2018: Mercer is paying to have grassroots people bury their local govts in NY in FOIL requests, essentially disrupting. @TheRynheart >> @TracieMac >> ‘'Reclaim New York': Mercer-funded, Bannon-guided campaign sows distrust of local government, The Berkshire Edge, Aug.26.2017
- Dec.03.2017: A thread on why the alt-right attacks on Mueller are more than just political. Milo & Bannon/Mercer. Mercers had been funding Milo... @TheRynHeart, Twitter.
- >> @TheRynHeart
- 00.00.2017: Money man. Reclusive U.S. billionaire Robert Mercer helped Donald Trump win the presidency. But what is his ultimate goal? Rebekah Merce, Steve Bannon, Breitbart News, David Magerman, Renaissance Technologies, Citizens United, ... Keith Boag, CBC News.
- Aug.20.2017: With Breitbart's Stephen Bannon out at the White House, a renewed focus on the Mercer family, who helped install Trump and its deep ties to Russia. The Mercer fortune is closely tied to Russia and Deutsche Bank. Vladimir Putin and Russia's energy sector is linked to Deutsche Bank. Facing financial ruin and $300 mn in debt to Deutsche Bank, Donald Trump launched his Presidential campaign. Rebekah Mercer’s husband is directly linked to the Moscow Exchange, which rises and falls on world events. The Mercers have become accustomed to making money by making “knowledgeable” bets on the future of stock prices. Through Russia, Deutsche Bank and Mirochnikoff, they had an inside track on world events that would move the markets and could easily react to them, particularly in the energy sector. By funding and staffing the Trump campaign, and manipulating people’s fears through Cambridge Analytica and Breitbart, they were able to install a financially imperiled president who was not only beholden to their chief financial partner, Deutsche Bank, but could also imitate Vladimir Putin’s strategy of manipulating world events to turn a profit. (more...) Tracie McElroy, Narativ.org.
- May.08.2017: Robert Mercer, Cambridge Analytica, and Why It All Matters. Carole Cadwalladr articles detail the connections between Robert Merce,r the data firm Cambridge Analytica, and a vast, extraordinary campaign of psychological profiling and manipulation, conducted over the internet, and intended to alter beliefs and voting behaviour on a massive scale. [...] I have now organised those notes into a synopsis of Ms Cadwalladr’s research. Robert Selth, Sea Wolf.
- Apr.02.2017: Arron Banks: ‘Brexit was a war. We won. There’s no turning back now’. Carole Cadwalladr, The Guardian.
- Feb.26.2017: How US billionaire helped to back Brexit. Carole Cadwalladr, The Guardian.
- Feb.26.2017: Robert Mercer: the big data billionaire waging war on mainstream media. With links to Donald Trump, Steve Bannon and Nigel Farage, the rightwing US computer scientist is at the heart of a multimillion-dollar propaganda network. The Guardian, Carole Cadwalladr
- Sept.19.2005: You Can't Handle the Truth - Psy-ops propaganda goes mainstream. The government faces a dilemma: It needs people to stay home, but if the news breaks, mass panic might ensue as people flee the city, carrying the virus with them. A shadowy media firm steps in to help orchestrate a sophisticated campaign of mass deception. Rather than alert the public to the smallpox threat, the company sets up a high-tech "ops center" to convince the public that an accident at a chemical plant threatens London. As the fictitious toxic cloud approaches the city, TV news outlets are provided graphic visuals charting the path of the invisible toxins. Londoners stay indoors, glued to the telly, convinced that even a short walk into the streets could be fatal. (originally published on Slate) Strategic Communication Laboratories, Sharon Weinberger