William Pears Group
William Pears Group is a shadowy property giant, and one of the UK's largest property companies, with £6bn of property in London and south-east England. It is run by Mark Pears with his younger brothers Trevor and David.ref
The group invests, owns, manages, and markets residential and commercial properties in the UK and Germany. Its projects include pubs, hotels, petrol stations, cinemas, shopping parades, office buildings, light industrial premises, and other commercial properties, as well as residential developments. The company also provides fund management services.
2220 shares altog.
- DAP 87: David Alan Pears 110
- BPEARS 67: Field Nominees Ltd, 710
- MAP 87: Mark Andrew Pears, Barr Shaw, 110
- JNP 68: Mark Andrew Pears, Barry Shaw, Michael Baker, 610
- CHP 73: Mark Andrew Pears, Barry Shaw, Michael Terence Baker, 380
- PFCF: Mark Andrew Pears, Trevor Steven Pears, David Alan Pears, as Trustees of the Pears Family Charitable Foundation, 180
- WT: Mark Andrew Pears, Trevor Steven Pears, David Alan Pears, 10
- TSP 87: Trevor Steven Pears, Barry Shaw, 110
- William Pears Group Ltd, CH
- Shelfco 152 Ltd, trading provision
- WPG Finance Ltd, finance
- William Pears Group Investments Ltd, holdco,
- The William Pears Group of Companies Ltd, CH
- Hamways Ltd, agent, [CH]
- Apr.2013: The Spires Shopping Centre, in Barnet, London, was bought from UBS Group AG.ref
- 2009: Telereal Trillium, a commercial property management and investment company, was bought from Land Securities Group plc.ref
- 1952: The William Pears Group was founded by Bernard Pears (who changed his name from Schleicher on emigrating from Austria) and his son Clive Pears.ref
- Feb.06.2018: Profits tumble at property giant William Pears Group. Profits have tumbled at William Pears Group, the London-founded secretive property giant headed by three billionaire brothers, new accounts revealed today. But experts said the decrease was likely due to much smaller rises in real estate values than in previous years, and that the directors Mark, Trevor and David Pears, would not be concerned. ... Today it is behind the property outsourcing business Telereal Trillium, and has a £6 billion empire of flats, offices and shops in the UK. London buildings include an office block in Finchley Central. The Pears family has a £3.14 billion fortune, according to the Sunday Times 2017 rich list. ... Evening Standard, Joanna Bourke.
- Jan.25.2018: Presidents Club: who was invited to the all-male charity gala? David Pears name was on the guest list. The Guardian,
- Jan.23.2018: Men Only: Inside the charity fundraiser where hostesses are put on show. A furore has erupted over a men-only fundraising dinner in London for the Presidents Club charity after an FT investigation revealed hostesses at the event were groped, sexually harassed and propositioned. Financial Times, Madison Marriage
- Jun.12.2011: Pears family comes out of the property shadows. William Pears Group is one of Britain's biggest property companies, but few have heard of it. And for good reason. The Telegraph, James Quinn.