Anglian Water Group Ltd
Anglian Water Group's principal business is #Anglian Water, the group's regulated water and sewerage company, which supplies water and water recycling services to more than 6m customers in the east of England and Hartlepool.
#Anglian Venture Holdings Ltd is the investment and management vehicle responsible for the group’s commercial businesses across the UK and Ireland. These businesses have a combined turnover in excess of £500m and offer customers expertise in the water industry and infrastructure related sectors. Anglian Venture Holdings works to add value through water conservation, innovative engineering and competitive pricing.ref
The Osprey consortium:
- Dividends paid: £22.5m (2016: £61.2m). In addition, a 1st interim dividend of £16.3m for 2017/2018 was paid in Jun.2017.
- Mar.2017: the net pension deficit for the group was £98.2m (2016: £3.0m).
- WaterAid. Employee volunteers, partners and suppliers across the business, and the WaterAid Volunteers’ Committee fundraised an extra £766,474 for WaterAid (2016: £624,984).
- Anglian Water employs 94% of the group’s employees.
- 92% of the apprentices and 91% of graduates employed since 2012 are still with Anglian Water.
Set up a fund for genuinely "cannot afford to pay" people
Anglian Venture Holdings Ltd
Celtic Anglian Water Ltd
Alpheus Environmental Ltd
AWG Property Ltd
Founded in 1979 and initially operating from Tain, then Inverness in the Scottish Highlands, Morrison Developments expanded & relocated into Edinburgh in 1988. It was part of the Morrison Construction Group which was floated on the London Stock Exchange in 1994, and was subsequently acquired by AWG plc in 2000, at which point it was rebranded as AWG Property Ltd.ref,ref
TIDE Services Ltd
Current brands and commercial activities are centred around 3 core markets: property conveyancing, residential insurances and the provision of web hosted information solutions for utilities. The team at TIDE Services manage the Anglian Water Direct, digdat and Geodesys businesses on behalf of Anglian Water Services. CH
Anglian Water Direct
Anglian Water Direct works in association with HomeServe to provide customers with a range of home emergency insurance products. A partnership with water conservation company Aqualogic offers customers a range of garden eco-products. Aqualogic have been providing innovative, durable and environmentally friendly water saving solutions for 30+ years.
Anglian Water Services Ltd is an appointed representative of HomeServe Membership Ltd, which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority, for its general insurance activities. HomeServe is a trading name of HomeServe Membership Ltd, regno. 2770612.ref About
digdat is a commercial business unit, and a trading name of Anglian Water Services. digdat provides access to asset and service information in a flexible and scalable way using powerful viewing tools.ref About
Geodesys provides a full range of conveyancing searches for residential and commercial properties throughout England and Wales. Geodesys is an executive member of CoPSO (Council of Property Search Organisations), a trade association working towards a more efficient and effective market for searches.ref
- Feb.2018: 3i Infrastructure plc sold its stake to the private equity consortium of Dalmore Capital Ltd and GLIL Infrastructure LLP.
- Dec.2006: AWG plc, which supplies water to 5.4m customers in southeastern England, was acquired by a consortium of pension funds from Australia and Canada, and UK private equity company 3i Group plc. AWG also has a property division and a construction unit, Morrison.
- Sept.2000: Morrison Construction, a Scottish support services and construction company, was acquired.
- Mar.2006: Morrison Construction: the construction division was sold to Galliford Try, a UK-based construction company. The remainder of the business was split into two divisions, Morrison Facilities Services and Morrison Utilities Services.
- Mar.2008: Morrison Utility Services division was sold to two private equity firms, Cognetas LLP and Englefield Capital.
- Nov.2012: Morrison Facilities Services division was sold to the Mears Group, a housing services and management company.
- 1993: Argentina's Water was privatised by Carlos Menem's free-market govt, egged on by the World Bank. In Buenos Aires, a 30-year contract was sold to Aguas Argentinas, a consortium of four corporations: Anglian Water, Vivendi SA, Lyonnaise des Eaux SA and Aguas de Barcelona, a Spanish company. Water privatization in Argentina
- 2001: Financial Crisis: Argentina went through a severe financial crisis. The Argentinian govt froze the rates companies could charge, in order to support access to essential services. Many lawsuits were brought against Aguas Argentinas for poor service, which retaliated by threats to suspend certain water services.
- Apr.2003: Lawsuit: Aguas Argentinas sued the Argentinian govt, arguing that they had a right to expect that the terms of the contract by which the water services were privatised in 1993, would continue unchanged for the 30 years of the contract. The freezing of tariffs broke their expectations.
- 2006: AYSA: The Argentinian govt revoked Aguas Argentinas’ contract, supported by 83% of the public. The water services were brought back into public hands, to be run by Agua y Saneamientos Argentinos SA (AYSA), a state owned water company.
- Apr.2015: The World Bank Group's International Centre for Settlement of Investment Disputes ruled that the Argentinian govt unfairly refused to allow the private companies to raise tariffs, and that they were entitled to damages. The ISDS tribunal did not agree that human rights obligations (access to water) should take precedence over the investment treaty. The tribunal found in favour of Anglian Water and the other investors, and ordered Argentina to pay a total of £251m to the four corporations, of which £13m was for Anglian Water.
- Overview of the Osprey Consortium. AWG plc. Accessed Jul.2020.
- 3i Infrastructure plc completes the sale of its stake in Anglian Water Group. 3i Group plc, Feb.21.2018.
- Investment group to acquire water utility AWG. Ilya Garger, Steve Goldstein, MarketWatch, Oct.02.2006.
- AWG sues Morrison chiefs over 'misrepresentation'. The Guardian, Feb.05.2003.
- AWG sells building arm to Galliford. Christopher Hope, The Telegraph, Mar.03.2006.
- AWG sells Morrison utility services division. Tim Sharp, The Herald, Mar.08.2008. Original archived on Feb.12.2009.
- Mears buys Morrison Facilities Services. Facilitate Magazine, Nov.08.2012. Original archived on Jan.03.2020.
- Buenos Aires – Collapse of the Privatization Deal. Food & Water Watch. Original archived on Mar.04.2011.
- ISDS files: Anglian Water v Argentina. War on Want, Apr.2015.