Bayer is a German multinational pharmaceutical and life sciences company, headquartered in Leverkusen. Bayer's primary areas of business include human and veterinary pharmaceuticals; consumer healthcare products; agricultural chemicals and biotechnology products; and high value polymers. (WP)
- 3.00% Norges Bank Investment Management
- 2.84% Natixis SA § Harris Associates LP
- 2.81% Vanguard Group Inc
- 2.01% Dodge & Cox
- 1.89% Fidelity Management & Research Company
- 1.39% Massachusetts Financial Services Company
- 1.19% Crédit Agricole SA § Amundi Asset Management SA
- 1.09% Deutsche Bank AG#DWS Investments (UK) Ltd
- 1.00% BlackRock Asset Management Deutschland AG
- 0.97% Alecta Pension Insurance Mutual
Bayer Crop Science
- 2016: Bayer Crop Science became one of Bayer AG's 3 major divisions, as part of its wholesale corporate restructuring.ref
- Sept.2014: Liberty: Bayer announced plans to invest $1bn in the USA between 2013-2016. Bayer said the largest investments would be to expand production of its herbicide Liberty, an alternative to Monsanto's Roundup. ref
- 2006: GMO Contamination: Bayer Crop Science's genetically modified "LibertyLink" rice contaminated the US rice supply. Consequently, the EU banned imports of US long-grain rice.ref
- 2002: Bayer Crop Science: Aventis CropScience was acquired by Bayer AG (now part of Sanofi SA and fused it with their own agrochemicals division Bayer Pflanzenschutz (Crop Protection). Plant Genetic Systems, a Belgian biotech company, became part of Bayer through the Aventis acquisition.
- 2002: Nunhems, a Dutch seed company and one of the world's top 5 seed companies at the time, was acquired by Bayer AG.ref. Website
- 2006: Bayer Schering Pharma AG: Bayer AG acquired Schering AG, and formed a new subsidiary. In 2011, renamed as "Bayer HealthCare Pharmaceuticals".
- ... ...
- 2009: Schering-Plough: merged with Merck & Company Inc.
- ?date?: Schering Corporation, USA subsidiary of Schering AG.
- ... ...
- 1871: Chemische Fabrik auf Actien: the Green Pharmacy was renamed, and incorporated.
- 1851: Grüne Apotheke: Ernst Christian Friedrich Schering opened the Green Pharmacy in Berlin's Chausseestraße.