Affiliated Managers Group Inc
- 1 Company
- 2 Timeline
Affiliated Managers Group is an American international holding company with equity investments in a diverse group of boutique investment management firms. AMG operates as an asset management firm through its boutique firms, and provides assistance to them in strategic matters, marketing, distribution, product development and operations.
Sales are distributed geographically thus: USA: 68.2%; UK: 25.5%; Other: 6.3%. Activity is organised around 3 sectors:
- Pooled investment fund management;
- Capital investment fund management;
- Wealth management.
- 16.5% EdgePoint Investment Group Inc
- 8.87% Vanguard Group Inc
- 3.42% SSgA Funds Management Inc
- 3.16% BlackRock Fund Advisors
- 3.13% Clarkston Capital Partners LLC
- 2.98% Kiltearn Partners LLP
- 2.84% Southeastern Asset Management Inc
- 2.73% Fidelity Management & Research Company
- 2.33% Prudential Financial Inc#QMA LLC
- 2.32% Lyrical Asset Management LP
Artemis Investment Management LLP
Artemis was founded in 1997. In Jun.2002, ABN AMRO acquired a majority stake of 58%.ref In Oct.2007, RFS Holdings, (a consortium of Fortis NV, Royal Bank of Scotland Group plc and Banco Santander SA),ref acquired ABN AMRO, with Fortis gaining the Asset Management, Private Banking and the Netherlands business units. In Sept.2008, Fortis acquired the remaining 42% of Artemis.ref In Feb.2010, Affiliated Managers Group partnered with management to buy out Fortis,ref,ref by then owned by BNP Paribas SA, with AMG taking a majority stake. The partnership is a financial one; AMG is not involved in the day-to-day running of the business.ref ref
Genesis Investment Management LLP
Genesis Emerging Markets Fund,launched in 1989, invests in high-quality companies listed in, or with substantial exposure to, emerging markets.
The firm was founded in Feb.1988 as "Giml Ltd"; it resurfaced as "Genesis Investment Management LLP" in Jun.2004 when AMG acquired a 60% equity interest. The remaining 40% is held by a group of Genesis' management.ref
Systematic Financial Management LP
TimesSquare Capital Management
The firm was founded in Jan.2000, and is based in New York city. Webpage
Tweedy, Browne Company LLC
Tweedy, Browne is owned by its 4 Managing Directors, William H Browne, Thomas H Shrager, John D Spears and Robert Q Wyckoff Jr; certain other employees of Tweedy, Browne; and a wholly-owned subsidiary of Affiliated Managers Group Inc, which acquired a majority interest of 71% in 1997.
Veritas Asset Management LLP
The firm, formerly known as Veritas Asset Management (UK) Ltd, was founded in 1996, and is based in London, with an additional office in Hong Kong.ref, Webpage, Website, Website.arch
Yacktman Asset Management LP
GEOCapital LLC, Applewood Associates: link, link, link, AMG search, Crunchbase, link. GeoCapital LLC was owned by investment principals (50%) and owned by Affiliated Managers Group (50%). In Sept.1997, AMG completed their investment in GeoCapital LLC.