The GFG Alliance ("Gupta Family Group Alliance") is an international group of businesses, founded and owned by the Gupta Family. It combines industrial, natural and financial resources, working together towards the delivery of a common industrial strategy.
The Alliance’s principal goal is to develop sustainable industrial eco-systems across its main operational businesses, otherwise known as the Four Pillars:ref
- Industrial manufacturing
- Infrastructure, resources and construction;
- Financial services; and
- Property management and development.
Liberty House Group
Liberty House is an international industrial and metals business that provides an integrated solution ranging from global metals trading, metal making and processing through to engineering solutions.
Headquartered in London, it also has strategic global hubs located in Dubai, Singapore, Hong Kong and Sydney, and an extended network of operations covering more than 30 countries. The Group has 5 main divisions: Commodities, Recycling, Steel, and Engineering GFG page > website
SIMEC Group Ltd
SIMEC Group Ltd is an international energy and natural resources business focused on building a dynamic portfolio of extraction resources, sustainable power and supporting the Alliance with an infrastructure and trading platform. Hong-Kong registered.ref
The company was established over 50 years ago by Mr Parduman K. Gupta, who is also the current Chairman. SIMEC has 5 major divisions: Shipping, Infrastructure, Mining, Energy and Commodities. GFG page > website
- Jun.2018: Uskmouth Power Company Ltd: SIMEC Atlantis Energy Ltd bought the Uskmouth B power station from SIMEC UK Energy Holdings Ltd; in return, SIMEC Energy will own a 49.99% share of Atlantis.AR-2017, p.1 Atlantis will be renamed SIMEC Atlantis Energy Ltd, and become part of the GFG Alliance. The new entity would also look to acquire other SIMEC Energy power generation assets in due course, and partner with SIMEC in developing new power assets.ref
- Jul.2018: Green Highland Renewables Ltd: acq'd international hydro-power developer and operator from Ancala Partners LLP, in order to expand its portfolio of hydro assets in the UK and overseas.ref Renamed to SIMEC GHR Ltd (acquisition started Dec.2017). CH, Website, Website.arch
- Dec.2014: Uskmouth Power Company Ltd: SSE agreed to sell the non-operational Uskmouth B coal-fired power plant in Newport, South Wales.ref
- Credo Trading Services Ltd, OC, reg. Hong Kong
See also OC's list of group companies.
Wyelands is a financial services group which includes a bank and a financial advisory services business. Wyelands Bank plc is an independently owned and managed British bank focused on global trade. It has been created to help industry grow, to enable businesses to trade more easily around the world, and to create jobs. The bank supports small and medium businesses by providing them with short and medium term financial solutions, filling a vital gap in the market. The bank also provides retail deposits and savings services.
Jahama Estates include a number of commercial, office, agricultural, energy and recreational assets situated across four continents, with the majority held in the UK. By far the largest part of the Estates are located in Scotland, making the business the 5th largest private landowner in the UK. The estates provide the catchment area for the water supply to the hydropower stations at Fort William and Kinlochleven.
Jahama Highland Estates is responsible for managing the land surrounding the smelter and hydropower plants and is working to combine traditional rural activities with sustainable industrial activities, while also engaging closely with local communities.
- Co.regno.no. 10600789, Charity regno.1176542, https://www.gfgfoundation.org.uk/faq
The GFG Foundation (Gupta Family Group Foundation) was founded in Feb.2017 as an initiative to develop the skills needed to help people start and continue working in specific industries, notably engineering, metals and renewable energy. The Foundation will focus on new programmes, and/or support existing programmes, to help people reach their potential and strengthen industries and communities by boosting skills and employment prospects. ref
- GFG Alliance Ltd, non-trading, reg.Aug.2017, CH
- Sanjeev Gupta’s GFG Alliance set to invest further £60m in Scottish hydro-power after sealing purchase of green energy developer. the GFG Alliance has unveiled plans to make a further investment of nearly £60m over the next two years to boost hydro-power capacity in Scotland. The Group announced its intentions after completing its acquisition of Green Highland Renewables Ltd from Ancala Partners LLP. GHR is one of the UK’s leading hydro-power developers, and will now be known as SIMEC Green Highland Renewables. Hydro is a core element in GFG’s strategy to expand its total UK green energy capacity for industry to 1Giga-Watt over the next 3 years. GFG Alliance.