Groupe Industriel Marcel Dassault SA
Groupe Dassault is a French conglomerate, established in 1929 by the founding of Dassault Aviation by Marcel Dassault. The group is active in the aeronautics, digital technology, software, communications and property management sectors, amongst others.
Groupe Dassault is majority-owned by the Dassault family, whose combined net worth is estimated at ~€ 23,5bn.The group controls 10+ different companies, including:
- Dassault Aviation
- Dassault Falcon Jet
- Dassault Falcon Service
- [Dassault Systèmes SE]
- Figaro Group
- Immobilière Dassault
- Dassault Wine Estates
- Feb.2019: ABB – Dassault Systèmes partnership: Swedish-Swiss ABB Ltd and Dassault Systèmes partnered to offer customers in digital industries a software solutions portfolio ranging from product life cycle management to asset health solutions.
- 2011: Groupe Figaro: Dassault renamed Socpresse's remaining core media assets, having sold off most of the company, retaining only Le Figaro and FC Nantes. As of 2016, Groupe Figaro owned Le Figaro, Madame Figaro, TV Magazine, Le Figaro Histoire, Le Figaro Magazine, Figaro Golf, Figaro Santé, Figaro enchères, Figaro nautisme and Figaro Bourse.
- Dec.2008: Alcatel-Lucent SA sold its 20.78% stake in defense electronics firm Thales SA to Dassault Aviation SA.
- Sept.2006: Socpresse, a French corporation which controlled the conservative daily newspaper Le Figaro, the weekly magazine L'Express, the weekly Le Journal du Dimanche (40%), Valeurs Actuelles, and the football club FC Nantes, was acquired.
- Mar.2004: Le Figaro, a right-wing French daily newspaper, was acquired (80%). Le Figaro was founded in 1973 by Jean-Paul Sartre and Serge July.
- 1981: Dassault Systèmes SE, a subsidiary which developed software for 3D product design, simulation and manufacturing, was spun off.
- Jul.1952: Dassault acquired the Paris landmark buildings now known as Hôtel Marcel Dassault, dating from 1844, at No.7 and No.9 rond-point des Champs-Elysées from the Sabatier d'Espeyran family. No.7 was later sold.
- 1929: Avions Marcel Dassault (Dassault Aviation) was founded by Marcel Dassault, after successfully designing planes for the French Govt during World War I. Marcel Dassault turned Dassault Aviation into an exporter of military aircraft.
- 1928: Société des Avions Marcel Bloch was formed to manufacture military and civilian aircraft.
- 1910s: Bloch (temporarily) withdrew from the aviation sector in favour of the real estate business.
- 1916: Société d'Études Aéronautiques: Marcel Dassault formed a company with Henry Potez and Louis Coroller, to produce aircraft for the French military during World War I.
- French Billionaire Businessman Serge Dassault Dies At 93. Angel Au-Yeung, Forbes, May.29.2018.