Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Mark Carney
- Mark Joseph Carney, OC is a Canadian economist and the Governor of the Bank of England and Chairman of the G20's Financial Stability Board.
- Nov.16.2017: 'Rees-Mogg said you got it WRONG' Mark Carney GRILLED on negative Brexit forecasts. BANK OF ENGLAND Governor Mark Carney was grilled over allegations of doom-mongering Brexit forecasts after prominent eurosceptic Jacob Rees-Mogg recently branded him the “enemy of Brexit”. The Express, Joe Barnes
- Jul.08.2017: Bank of England chief Mark Carney "takes £5,000 a week" of taxpayers' money to pay rent. Bank of England governor Mark Carney’s annual financial package shows that he has received over £1m in housing allowance since he took up his role in 2013. The sum equates to almost £5000 a week to help with his rent. The money, awarded as part of a renumeration package worth almost £900,000, was offered to Mr Carney by George Osborne while he was Chancellor. James Price, campaign manager at the Taxpayers' Alliance, said: "Taxpayers will be understandably angry to learn that Mr Carney receives more from his housing allowance than the value of most peoples' houses. Mr Carney pays 45% on the housing allowance. He has turned down a pay rise every year on his £480,000 salary. The Express, Sam Sholli
- Jan.25.2017: Mark Carney: internet-only lenders pose risk to UK financial system. Bank of England governor says fintech firms could trigger next financial crash without tighter regulation. Phillip Inman, The Guardian.
- Dec.06.2016: Mark Carney: we must tackle isolation and detachment caused by globalisation. Bank of England governor urges policymakers to do more to share out the gains from global trade and technology. Katie Allen, The Guardian.
- Oct.31.2016: Mark Carney's time as Bank of England governor – key moments. Canadian ends weeks of speculation by announcing that he will stay on at Threadneedle Street for another year, until June 2019, after getting PM’s backing. Katie Allen, The Guardian.