Sixt is a German holding company, with ~5,000 locations in 105+ countries, providing mobility services for business and corporate customers, as well as private travelers. Business activities are divided into:
- Vehicle Rental: operates through its own rental offices and in cooperation with franchisees and cooperation partners.
- Vehicle Leasing: covers services portfolio, including vendor-neutral advice concerning vehicle selection, vehicle procurement, vehicle maintenance, special product offers for transparent conditions at vehicle returns, service packages in the case of accidents and various other services, such as car insurance, fuel card management, payment of motor vehicle tax, and radio license fees.
- Other: the company operates a network of partner companies in the international tourism industry, including airlines and hotel chains.
Sixt Leasing reports through the following business segments:
- Leasing: consists of Fleet Leasing and Online Retail:
- Fleet Leasing covers full-service leasing for large corporate customers, including lease financing, as well as fleet management, allowing companies with large vehicle fleets to outsource the entire management of their fleet. The offering also includes consultation and advice for vehicle selection, vehicle procurement, vehicle maintenance over the entire contract period, management of tire replacements, as well as solutions for the transparent return of vehicles.
- Online Retail offers leasing solutions for private and commercial customers through its online platforms sixt-neuwagen.de and autohaus24.de.
- Fleet Management: this segment is covered by the subsidiary Sixt Mobility Consulting GmbH, and manages large fleets for customers who purchased or leased their vehicles from other providers.
- 58.3%: Erich Sixt, Sixt CEO
- 5.01% Deutsche Bank AG#DWS Investment GmbH
- 2.66% Norges Bank Investment Management
- 1.72% Groupama Asset Management SA
- 1.44% Vanguard Group Inc
- 1.30% Dimensional Fund Advisors LP
- 0.91% Mason Street Advisors LLC
- 0.79% Alken Asset Management Ltd
- 0.65% Mellon Investments Corporation
- 0.55% BlackRock Fund Advisors
- 41.9% Sixt SE
- 9.76% Shareholder Value Management AG
- 4.97% Stifel Financial Corporation § MainFirst Bank AG (Investment Management)
- 4.80% FourWorld Capital Management LLC
- 1.87% Henderson Global Investors Ltd
- 1.42% Sand Grove Capital Management LLP
- 1.27% Dimensional Fund Advisors LP
- 1.25% Mackenzie Investments Europe Ltd
- 1.17% Lupus alpha Asset Management AG
- 1.17% Alken Asset Management Ltd
- Sixt Leasing SE: Internet platform for lease and financing new cars; also managing and consulting larger fleets of international companies. Sixt-Leasing.com
- Sixt X: new mobility division focused on the digital mobility sector. The objective is to create an integrated mobility platform that offers all of Sixt's services from one single source.ref
- Sixt ride (was myDriver & Sixt Limousine Service) offers app-based, premium car service, taxi and ride booking. Sixt.com/ride
- Autohaus24.de: Internet platform selling new cars; operated jointly with Axel Springer Auto Verlag GmbH. AutoHaus24.de
- Sixt-Neuwagen.de: Sixt-Neuwagen.de
- 2011: DriveNow: joint venture with BWM, car sharing in Berlin, Munich, Hamburg, Düsseldorf and Cologne, as well as in Vienna and London. Sixt sold its 50% share to BMW in 2018. DriveNow merged with Daimler's car2go in 2019 to form ShareNow. DriveNow
- Nov.1994: United Kenning Rental Group: UKRG provided van and car rental services in the UK. In Mar.2000, Kleinwort Development Fund plc sold its holdings to Sixt.AR-Jul.2000, p.6