TJ Morris Ltd
TJ Morris is a privately-owned company comprising several businesses, including Home Bargains, property ownership, and Far Eastern ventures. The business operates on one key principle: to sell branded goods at the lowest prices possible, hence its slogan "Top Brands, Bottom Prices". Tom Morris operates the company together with his brother Joseph. Tom Morris was ranked 13th in the 2015 list of Britain's Top 100 Entrepreneurs 2015.ref Tom Morris and family were ranked 40th in the Sunday Times Rich List 2019, with a net worth of £3.59bn.ref
The business is one of the largest privately-owned companies in the UK, selling a variety of household items including food, health and beauty products, clothing, household goods, games, sweets and snacks, alcohol, and toys amongst other things.ref Home Bargains supplies Quality Save, a similar discount chain, with all its stock, shop fittings, trolleys and tills.ref
- 95%: T J Morris,
- 5%: Joseph Morris
- Thomas Joseph Morris, CH
- TJ Morris Ltd, OC
- Axis Business Park Liverpool Management Company Ltd, real estate management, OC
- 4 Moskito Ltd, jointly owned by TJ Morris and 3 of his kids, reg. British Virgin Islands
- Legacy 500 Ltd, passenger air transport, OC
- Mere Hall Farm Ltd, market gardening, OC
- TJ Morris Technologies Ltd, software development, OC
- Prescot Business Park Ltd, OC
- T J Morris Properties Ltd, OC
- 1985: TJ Morris went online with HalfPriceOrLess.com (Jan.1985) and HalfPriceForLess.co.uk (Jul.1985).Archive.org
- Jan.2009: Expansion: 14 stores were acquired from failed chain Woolworths Group plc.
- Mid-2008: Expansion: a number of former Kwik Save stores were acquired which had lain empty since its owner went into administration in 2006.
- 1995: Home Bargains: The name was changed along with a new blue-and-red corporate identity.
- Jun.1980: T J Morris Ltd was incorporated.ref
- 1976: Home and Bargain: Tom Morris opened a store in Liverpool.
- Home Bargains pays off for Morris family with £10m dividend. The Times, Ashley Armstrong. Oct.16.2019
- Home Bargains at 40: The story behind a Merseyside retail phenomenon. Liverpool Echo, Jamie McLoughlin. May.06.2016