American Chemistry Council
- American Chemistry Council
- logos are here, https://www.americanchemistry.com/Media/Multimedia/ACC-Logos.html
The ACC is an industry trade association for American chemical companies. It was founded as the Manufacturing Chemists' Association (1872-1977), then known as the Chemical Manufacturers' Association (1978-2000).
The ACC runs the AmeriChem PAC - a political action committee that gives money to members of the USA Congress. No details are disclosed about its members.
The ACC hired 19 firms between 1998-2005 to lobby the Federal govt on its behalf. In 2003, it had 15 on retainer. It has employed 146 lobbyists itself or through firms (62 during 2003), 36 of whom formerly worked for Congress or the Federal govt. ref
Divisions and Panels
Incomplete list, ref
- Plastics Division. Runs the PlasticsMythBuster and the Plastic Packaging Facts websites, both owned by the ACC.
- Center for the Polyurethanes Industry (global),
- Energy Efficient Foam Coalition,
- Flexible Film Recycling Group,
- Foam Sheathing Committee,
- Plastics-to-Fuel and Petrochemistry Alliance,
- Plastics Foodservice Packaging Group. Runs the Plastic Foodservice Packaging Facts website, owned by the ACC.
- Polycarbonate/BPA Global Group (global). Runs the Bisphenol-A and Facts About BPA websites, both owned by the ACC.
- Chlorine Chemistry Division (USA)
- Chemical Products and Technology Division
- North American Flame Retardant Alliance, https://www.flameretardantfacts.com/ (site owned by the ACC)
- High Phthalates Panel,
- FluoroCouncil is a global organisation, founded in 2011. Members are companies that manufacture, formulate or process fluoropolymer products, fluorotelomer-based products, fluoro-surfactants, and fluoro-surface property modification agents.
Members: Archroma Management LLC , Arkema France, AGC Inc., Chemours Company , Daikin Industries Ltd , Solvay Specialty Polymers.
Associate Members: Dynax Corporation , Tyco Fire Products LP
All six members are named parties to a class action lawsuit - nicknamed the "Toxic Teflon" case - being brought on behalf of every person in the USA who has been exposed to PFAS chemicals.ref, ref