Pfizer is an American pharmaceutical corporation headquartered in New York City, with its research headquarters in Groton, Connecticut. It is one of the world's largest pharmaceutical companies. It develops and produces medicines and vaccines for a wide range of medical disciplines, including immunology, oncology, cardiology, endocrinology, and neurology. Its products include the blockbuster drug Lipitor (atorvastatin), used to lower LDL blood cholesterol; Lyrica (pregabalin) for neuropathic pain/fibromyalgia; Diflucan (fluconazole), an oral antifungal medication; Zithromax (azithromycin), an antibiotic; Viagra (sildenafil) for erectile dysfunction; and Celebrex/Celebra (celecoxib), an anti-inflammatory drug.
- Website, About, Products, UK Health System, Sitemap, History, Business Units, Pharmacy, Healthcare Professionals
Pfizer Europe MA EIG
- CH, link Pfizer Ltd and Pfizer Luzembourg Sarl formed Pfizer Europe MA EEIG in Dec.2004. Pfizer SA/NV joined Pfizer Europe in Apr.2018. Pfizer Europe closed its UK registration in May.2018, and transferred to Brussels.Formation contract amendment May.2018,OC
Pfizer Innovative Health
Committed to discovering, developing, manufacturing and delivering innovative products and vaccines that change the outcome of chronic conditions and devastating diseases. ref
Pfizer Essential Health
A large and highly diverse business that manages a vast portfolio of trusted, quality medicines at all stages of the product lifecycle from new launches to those which have or will go off patent in the near future, offering savings for the healthcare system. ref
- Mar.2003: Adams confectionery business was sold to Cadbury Schweppes.
- 2000: Pfizer Inc acquired Warner-Lambert Company, including its Adams confectionery division and its gum brands.ref
- 1999-2000: Pfizer was part of the Department of Health's Committee on Medical Aspects of Food and Nutrition Policy.ref
American Home Products Corporation
- Dec.20.2018: Pfizer deal paves way for Glaxo break-up. Britain’s biggest drugs company struck a landmark deal yesterday with a leading American rival that prepares the way for the break-up of GlaxoSmithKline. Glaxo agreed to merge its consumer healthcare division with Pfizer’s through a joint venture which will be the world’s biggest over-the-counter medicines business. Glaxo also plans to demerge the business within 3 years of the deal closing in the second half of next year through a separate British stock market listing, which would create a new FTSE 100 company valued in the region of £40bn. The Guardian, Alex Ralph, Martin Strydom. See also Pfizer and GlaxoSmithKline Announce Joint Venture to Create a Premier Global Consumer Healthcare Company.
- Prescription for Poverty: Drug companies as tax dodgers, price gougers, and influence peddlers. Oxfam International, Mark Fried. Sept.2018
- Corporate Political Engagement Index 2018. The new index of 104 multi-national companies, many of whom regularly meet with govt, has found nearly 75% are failing to adequately disclose how they engage with politicians. Only one company received the highest grade, with the average grade being "E" – representing poor standards in transparency. Transparency International UK. Nov.2018