< People(Redirected from Ameet Gill)Jump to navigation Jump to search
< People < Politicians
- Carlyn Chisholm: Conservative life peer, courtesy of Cons/LibDem (Cameron/Clegg). Carlyn Chisholm, Baroness Chisholm of Owlpen
- New ministerial and government appointments announced. More ministerial and govt appointments including Parliamentary Under Secretaries of State and Whips have been announced. Baroness Chisholm of Owlpen appointed as spokesperson on Cabinet Office business in the House of Lords. Number 10 Downing Street, Jul.17.2016.
- Alistair Cooke: Conservative life peer in the House of Lords. Alistair Cooke, Baron Lexden
- Westminster must investigate evidence of MPs raping children. Lord Lexden OBE cited in Petition demanding Parliament investigate child sex abuse in the 1980s and 1990s. Change.org, Jan.2017.
- Caroline Dinenage: MP for Gosport (2010–); Minister of State at the Department for Digital, Culture, Media & Sport (Feb.2020–); Minister of State at the Department of Health & Social Care (Jan.2018–Jan.2020); various Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State roles; Parliamentary Private Secretary to the Minister for Women & Equalities (Jul.2014–May.2015). Caroline Dinenage
- New ministerial and government appointments announced. More ministerial and govt appointments including Parliamentary Under Secretaries of State and Whips have been announced. Caroline Dinenage MP as Parliamentary Under Secretary of State at the Department for Education. Number 10 Downing Street, Jul.17.2016.
- Andrew Dunlop:
- New ministerial and government appointments announced. More ministerial and govt appointments including Parliamentary Under Secretaries of State and Whips have been announced. Lord Dunlop as Parliamentary Under Secretary of State at the Scotland Office and the Northern Ireland Office. Number 10 Downing Street. Andrew Dunlop, Baron Dunlop
- Ben Elliot: co-chairman of the Conservative Party (Jul.2019–); Food Surplus & Waste Champion (2018–) co-founder of luxury concierge company Quintessentially Ltd; nephew of Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall. Ben Elliot
- Andrew Feldman: Andrew Feldman, Baron Feldman of Elstree
- Arthur Gore: hereditary peer; sits in the House of Lords. Arthur Gore, 9th Earl of Arran
- Lords-a-lobbying: 124 members of the House of Lords benefit from the financial services industry. Arthur Gore, Earl Arran. Category 2: Remunerated employment, office, profession etc. Member of Lloyd’s (marine, non-marine, aviation; motors). Melanie Newman, The Bureau of Investigative Journalism, Jul.10.2012.
- Ameet Gill: SpAd to David Cameron.
- Alan Haselhurst:
- Sir Alan feels that memes on Social Media pointing out his hypocrisy in voting for ESA cuts, while claiming £12,000 for gardening expenses are so "vicous" that he's reported them to the police. Sir Alan is obviously a sensitive soul when he's not voting to screw over the disabled, so we'll say what we think of him in a whisper. VoxPolitical, 2016/17. Alan Haselhurst
- Andrew Percy:
- Jul.17.2016: New ministerial and government appointments announced. More ministerial and government appointments including Parliamentary Under Secretaries of State and Whips have been announced. Andrew Percy MP as Parliamentary Under Secretary of State at the Department for Communities and Local Government. Number 10 Downing Street. Andrew Percy
- Eric Pickles: UK Special Envoy for Post-Holocaust issues (2015–); Secretary of State for the Department of Communities & Local Government (May.2010–May.2015); Chairman of the Conservative Party (2009–2010); MP for Brentwood and Ongar (1992–2017); chairman, Conservative Friends of Israel. Eric Pickles
- Alok Sharma: Alok Sharma
- New ministerial and government appointments announced. More ministerial and govt appointments including Parliamentary Under Secretaries of State and Whips have been announced. Alok Sharma MP as Parliamentary Under Secretary of State at the Foreign and Commonwealth Office. Number 10 Downing Street, Jul.17.2016.
- Amanda Solloway: x
- Amanda Solloway posted a picture on Fb on Mar.09, and wrote "Dropped in today to see the team from Hearing Dogs for Deaf People. Both the staff and the dogs play a crucial role in helping people lead independent lives. Just 2 days earlier, she voted to cut £30 a week sickness benefit from those unfit to work in order to "incentivise" them to get back to work. Making disabled people poorer really helps them lead independent lives. Not. VoxPolitical, 2016/17.
- Charles Walker: Chair of the House of Commons Procedure Committee (2012–2019);MP for Broxbourne (2005–); OBE Conservatives (Cameron); knighted Conservatives (May). Charles Walker (British politician)
- Telegraph database: Find out if your MP is planning to take Ipsa's 11% pay hike. Only one MP – Tory Charles Walker - was prepared to say he would take IPSA's annual salary increase of £66,396–£74,000. IPSA also decided that taxpayers will still pay for MPs’ TV licences and home contents insurance. Peter Dominiczak, The Telegraph, Dec.12.2013.
- Charles Walker claimed expenses of £145,943.44 in 2014/15. He voted to cut ESA by £30 per week for the sick and disabled. VoxPolitical, 2016/17.
- Andrew Adonis: Andrew Adonis
- Lord Adonis says he is thinking of giving up peerage so he can become Labour MP. The BBC’s Nick Robinson interviewed Labour peer Andrew Adonis for his (very good) Political Thinking podcast. In it, Adonis said he was considering giving up his peerage so he could become a Labour MP. He explained: "I think the biggest mistake I made in my political career was not to seek to enter the House of Commons. I didn’t think I’d be staying in politics for long; I saw myself as a public service reformer who would move on; I wanted to write books. But now I’ve become deeply engaged... because of the big controversial issues, I think it was a pity I didn’t go into the House of Commons, and I’m thinking that maybe I should seek to go into the House of Commons in future." Nick Robinson, The Guardian, Jun.09.2018.
- If Owen Jones is going to describe Lord Adonis, - the son of an immigrant waitress - as a “living caricature of the liberal elite", he should remember, he's the son of a university lecturer. @MrTickle3, Twitter, Dec.31.2017.
- Notable abuse being directed at @Andrew_Adonis today, not just from rabid Tory Brexit right, but also from figures prominent in Momentum and on so-called left. Common fear of effective pro-European Labour social democratic message? @MikeGapes, Twitter, Dec.31.2-17.
- Ben Bradshaw: ex-BBC Radio reporter; ex-Secretary of State for Culture, Media & Sport (2009–2010); MP for Exeter. Ben Bradshaw
- Corbyn should listen to British experts not the liars in the Kremlin. Ben Bradshaw, The Times, Mar.15,2016.
- Caroline Flint: Caroline Flint
- Mr Stewart Jackson: The Labour party was quite courageous when it was last in govt. For instance, it started to challenge lifelong tenancies, which was really important. That was about fairness, equity and sharing resources. That was absolutely right and I pay tribute to the Right Hon. Member for Don Valley (Caroline Flint), who was responsible for that when she was Housing Minister. Public Bill Committee: Housing and Planning Bill, Parliament.uk, Dec.04.2015.
- Digby Jones: ex-director general of the CBI; ex-Minister of State for Trade & Investment (2007–2008); non-executive chairman of Triumph Motorcycles Ltd, Thatcher's Cider Ltd, Metalfloor UK Ltd, Argentex Group plc, On Logistics Ltd; non-executive director of DRP Holdings Ltd. Chairman of the Advisory Board of X-Force (a social enterprise helping veterans into self-employment); member of the South Warwickshire Multi-Academy Trust. Life peer Labour (Brown). Digby Jones, Baron Jones of Birmingham
- Former Birmingham Council leader Mike Whitby claimed £20,526 from House of Lords but didn't speak once. Former CBI Director General Digby Jones, a cross-bench peer as Lord Jones of Birmingham, claimed allowances of £10,800 and travel expenses of £3,291 rom May.2016–Apr.2017. The last time he spoke in the Lords was on Apr.11.2016. Birmingham Live, Sept.21.2017. Alan Haselhurst
- Alison McGovern: Alison McGovern
- Angela Rayner: Angela Rayner
- It appears Tory MPs have been briefed to single me and some of my Labour colleagues, out for "special criticism" and interventions to deflect criticism away from the Toby Young appointment. It will not work, Toby Young should be sacked. @AngelaRayner, Twitter, Jan.08.2018.
- Jared O’Mara has moved on from his homophobic and misogynistic views. Angela Rayner has applauded fellow Labour MP Jared O'Mara for changing his “homophobic and misogynist” views and moving forward. Ms Rayner said Mr O’Mara was “devastated” about the offensive messages he posted on social media over a decade ago. The Shadow Education Secretary said Mr O’Mara apologised at a Labour meeting held on Monday, where he made an emotional speech about the comments. Anna O'Donohue, iNews, Oct.24.2017.
- John Smith: John Smith, Baron Kirkhill
- Six in ten peers in the House of Lords pocketed more in daily allowances than the average Brit earned in take-home pay last year. Greedy members of upper house raked in £19m last year – despite it only sitting for 141 days. Lord Kirkhill claimed £43,896. Matt Dathan, The Sun, Nov.15.2017.
- Annabel Goldie:
- Jul.17.2016: New ministerial and government appointments announced. Number 10 Downing Street. Annabel Goldie
Scottish Liberal Democrats
- Alistair Carmichael: Alistair Carmichael