David Campbell Bannerman
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Conservative MEP for the East of England
- UKIP 2009-2011
- UKIP deputy leader 2006-2010.
- Former chairman of the Bow Group.
- Mar.24.2018: Does anyone think it’s coincidence far fetched Cambridge Analytica & Channel 4 Vote Leave stories are unveiled at same time? This is coordination by anti democratic forces trying to overturn Brexit result. Govt needs to have security forces investigate this collusion as a threat. @DCBMEP, Twitter.
- Jan.30.2017: Cambridge c. Trump - the story so far. An East of England MEP has sparked anger after he backed US President Trump’s ban on people from seven Muslim nations entering America. Conservative David Campbell Bannerman - who defected to UKIP in 2004, then went back to the Tory Party in 2011 - has spoken out in favour of Donald’s Trump’s ban, which has led to demonstrations and anger. Raymond Brown, Cambridge News.
- Mar.16.2016: Tory MEP David Campbell Bannerman praises Putin's 'strong nation state' for intervening in Syria. A Conservative MEP has praised Russia’s intervention in Syria – arguing that Vladimir Putin’s “strong nation state” has helped to resolve the country’s civil war. David Campbell Bannerman, a leading eurosceptic, suggested that Mr Putin had stepped up to the challenge in the country while the West “fumbled”. Mr Bannerman posted a link on Twitter to a BBC News article on Russia’s withdrawal, commenting: “Not pro-Putin, but note how strong nation state, with smaller economy than UK, gets in and sorts [the] issue as [the] West fumbles”. Jon Stone, The Independent.