- Political campaign
- Nazi propaganda and the United Kingdom, British propaganda during World War I, British propaganda during World War II
- ToDo: Political Campaigning' redirected to here for the moment, but not satis.
See also Media Manipulation - jolly useful to have newspapers working for you.
Linkback: Research, Information and Communications Unit (RICU).
- May.03.2016: Government hid fact it paid for 2012 Olympics film aimed at Muslims. Documentary on Muslim athletes and broadcast to 30 million Muslims worldwide is part of UK’s covert propaganda bid. Linkback: Government Propaganda Ian Cobain, Alice Ross, Rob Evans, Mona Mahmood, The Guardian. Also see this article
Eric Pickles, the incoming Secretary of State responsible for the Audit Commission, instructed a small group of civil servants to establish how the Commission could be abolished and how this proposal could best be presented. From this developed one of the most prominent storylines within the pro-abolition discourse coalition Excellent discourse on the importance of language, and the pattern and evolution of storylines: "Talk frames an issue". Abolishing the Audit Commission: Framing, Discourse Coalitions and Administrative Reform, 2015
- Put the other articles in eg. Cambridge Analytica in here?
- Jun.01.2017: Labour warns of 'dark side' to political campaigning online. Social networks help parties "reach parts of the community two or three years ago we perhaps couldn't", says Labour MP Ian Lavery. Sky News, '
- May.07.2017: The great British Brexit robbery: how our democracy was hijacked. A shadowy global operation involving big data, billionaire friends of Trump and the disparate forces of the Leave campaign influenced the result of the EU referendum. As Britain heads to the polls again, is our electoral process still fit for purpose? What’s been lost in the US coverage of this “data analytics” firm is the understanding of where the firm came from: deep within the military-industrial complex. A weird British corner of it populated, as the military establishment in Britain is, by old-school Tories. Geoffrey Pattie, a former parliamentary under-secretary of state for defence procurement and director of Marconi Defence Systems, used to be on the board, and Lord Marland, David Cameron’s pro-Brexit former trade envoy, a shareholder. Steve Tatham was the head of psychological operations for British forces in Afghanistan. SCL/Cambridge Analytica was not some startup created by a couple of guys with a Mac PowerBook. It’s effectively part of the British defence establishment. And, now, too, the American defence establishment. An ex-commanding officer of the US Marine Corps operations centre, Chris Naler, has recently joined Iota Global, a partner of the SCL Group. This is not just a story about social psychology and data analytics. It has to be understood in terms of a military contractor using military strategies on a civilian population. Us. Documents detail Cambridge Analytica is involved with many other right-leaning billionaires, including Rupert Murdoch. (Andy Wigmore, Cambridge Analytica, Palantir, Peter Thiel, Nigel Farage, Robert Mercer, Vote Leave, BeLeave) The Guardian, Carole Cadwalladr
- Apr.12.2017: Dishonest ways of being dishonest: an exploration of Conservative euphemisms. Media manipulation involves a series of related techniques in which partisans create images or arguments that favour their own particular interests. Such tactics may include the use of logical fallacies, psychological manipulations, deception, linguistic, rhetorical and propaganda techniques, and often involve the suppression of information or alternative perspectives by simply crowding them out. Politics and Insights, Kitty S Jones
- Aug.02.2013: Propaganda Techniques (A Summary). Ad hominem – A Latin phrase which has come to mean attacking your opponent, as opposed to attacking their arguments. Politics and Insights, Kitty S Jones